Designed from the ground up, the Combo Kit allows increased power without the worry of overheating, when compared to the standard motor and controller. The motor is capable of handling far more power than is sensible to use on a bike, thus reducing the potential for damage massively.
The Combo retains the original power button for Eco and Sport. Eco and Sport settings are easily set by the user and performance will be dependent on the battery option being used. With an aftermarket battery and KO Combo Kit fitted, the Eco mode can easily be equivalent to the Sport setting on many competitor’s aftermarket power upgrades. The power to weight is phenomenal, but still controllable. With the use of the Sport button, the power can still increase massively and allows easy overtaking and ample top speed and torque for any use.
Both the motor and controller are designed to be a plug and play option in the Sur-Ron and are easy to fit, using the same cabling and also the same default OEM display unit. Hence, removing the need to upgrade your display unit and run additional extra cabling across the bike.
The KO Controller is supplied with ‘open source’ access to the supporting software for PC and Android, allowing the end user to tune the bike to their own specifications (IOS Version due soon). With the Android App the end user can easily connect and tune their set up via Bluetooth. Continual development of this software will take place to cater to the needs of the community with regular updates posted on the KO website.
Sport/Eco mode will give you two choices of power. Eco mode is ideal for more technical terrain or Sport mode more for extra power when overtaking or pure top speed, for example on flat tarmac.
The KO Controller has been designed with high quality and simplicity in mind, using the highest quality components and state of the art technology. It’s capable of supporting up to 35KW, has IP67 water ingress protection and will work with an input range from 40-100volts. The controller boasts internal and external heat sinking, thus allowing higher performance than most competitors.
- COLOUR – BLUE & RED
- WORKING VOLTAGE – 48 TO 84V
- MAX PHASE CURRENT - 800A
- MAX CURRENT - 400A
- MAXIMUM POWER - 35000W
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE - -25 TO 80℃
- INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE - 40v TO 100v
- INGRESS PROTECTION - IP67
- MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY - >98%
- HEAT SINK – INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
For information of how to update the controller and customize settings please refer to the KO motor website:
RS Motor is a direct replacement for the original and simply works far more efficiently and effectively, coping with much more power. In part this is possible due to much improved heat control. It’s highly recommended a Heavy Duty Primary Belt is installed for road style use and potentially a chain conversion if used off road, simply to handle the extra power. A primary chain offers more resistance to debris, but will increase noise.
Motor Casing Features
- COLOUR – RED & SILVER OR BLUE & SILVER
- DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR SUR-RON AND SEGWAY X260.
- MOTOR WEIGHT (INCLUDING WIRES) - 10KG,
- MOTORCYCLE GRADE ANODIZED FINISH FOR MAXIMUM DURABILITY AND HEAT DISPERSION (NOT POWDER COATED).
- 7075 AIRCRAFT GRADE BILLET MACHINED END CAPS AND SENSOR CAP.
- STAINLESS STEEL WATER PROOF PHASE AND SENSOR WIRE FIXINGS
Internal Motor Features:
- INTERNAL MAGNET MOTOR (IPM) KO DESIGNED & MANUFACTURED ROTOR / STATOR.
- STATOR DIMENSIONS - 160mm X 53mm.
- WORKING VOLTAGE - 60V TO 100V.
- COLD ROLLED SAE 1045 STEEL SHAFT
- CUSTOM KO DESIGNED AND PATENTED ROTOR AND HEAT SINK DESIGN ALLOWS HEATSOAK DISSIPATION ON THE ENDS OF THE STATOR.
- KO DESIGNED AND PATENTED INTERNAL PRESSURE EQUALIZATION SYSTEM
- KO DESIGNED AND PATENTED CRYO COLD AIR INJECTION SYSTEM
- KO DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED CRYO ROTOR/ STATOR ANTI CORROSION COATING.
- INDUSTRY LEADING SKF BEARING AND SEALS FOR THE LOWEST ROLLING RESISTANCE AND EFFICIENCY.
- JAPANESE SOURCED 0.15 NIPPON STEEL STATOR / ROTOR LAMINATED.
- INDUSTRY LEADING 0.35mm AIR GAP.
- INDUSTRY LEADING 150°C / 302F SH50 NEO MAGNETS.
- HAND WOUND 220°C HIGH TEMP COPPER WINDINGS.
- CUSTOM WATERPROOF DESIGNED (IP69) AND MANUFACTURED HALL SENSOR WITH 12 MONTH REPLACEMENT WARRANTY AGAINST WATER / MOISTURE DAMAGE.
Motor Operating Specification:
- PEAK POWER - 35KW (Battery capabilities will determine the power produced by the motor)
- MAX TORQUE @60V - 52NM
- MAX STABLE ROTOR RPM - 12,000RPM
- MAX EFFICIENCY 97%
EBMX Batteries are as follows:
Surron EBMX 60V 53Ah
Surron EBMX 60V 63Ah High Capacity*
Surron EBMX 72V 42Ah
Surron EBMX 72V 57Ah High Capacity*
*Please note: this combo is for the controller and fittings. Bypass cables and aftermarket batteries are not included.
Battery Aprx Weights (Full): EBMX STD: 17Kg / High Capacity: 22Kg
*High Capacity Batteries require an EBMX Seat Lift Kit to allow for fit into the bike as well as access to the charging point.
Dealer Fitting Services:
Please call for details of the UK dealer network. Appointments will be arranged directly with the dealer and they will arrange the work fitting within their own schedule.
Fitting Controller & Motor
Fitting Controller & Motor and Battery Bypass
Due to the focus on simplicity, it is possible to self fit if the purchaser is competent.
Fitting Guidance: https://www.ko-moto.com/installationguides
Damage caused during self fitting will not be covered on warranty, thus we always recommend the use of a dealer wherever possible. Support will be available for all customers through their supplying dealership.
As UK Distributors, we will only ship within mainland UK, and not support international shipping
Warranty becomes effective from the date of purchase, from an authorised retailer.
- Motor and controller combination - one year - Bearings / Seals 6 months only
- Controller stand alone - one year
- Motor purchased without controller - 6 months
- Cables and connectors - 6 months
- Motor hall sensor / encoder - one year - water ingress
Damage caused during a self fit will not be covered on warranty
Warranty is only valid for the initial purchasing customer and is not transferable thereafter.
KO reserve the right to modify or change this product without notice.
Registration of the Warranty MUST be completed by the purchaser, on the KO website at the following: https://www.ko-moto.com/warranty-card
The warranty periods listed above are subject to the intended use conditions and does not cover wanton misuse, damage, operation outside listed specifications, or operation outside of the intended use for the motor and controller (which is as an upgrade part to the Sur-Ron and Talaria Motorcycles exclusively at 60v or 72v nominal voltage).
Warranty is void on any product which has been modified in any way. This includes 3rd party repairs, soldering, modifications to the casing, or repairs using 3rd party parts.
The validity of a warranty claim will always be at the sole discretion of KO Technologies. Any warranty claim must first be validated by proof of purchase from either the KO Moto website, or from one of the authorised dealers. Then returned to one of the KO repair centres, Once received KO will assess the issue and decide on the validity of the claim. The purchaser will also be liable for the cost of shipping to the repair centre, where if the claim is deemed valid they will receive a full refund of the cost of the shipping. Once a claim is validated KO will make the decision on whether to repair, or replace the item at their sole discretion.
As a part of the warranty agreement KO will replace, or repair defective products and parts only. This warranty does not cover the cost of any repairs to your bike from non-authorized third parties and they reserve the right to withhold the cost of any labour cost conducted as part of a repair service.